Well we are well and truly into the wet season here:
Paul cycling to work with water half way up his wheels, over 'stinky river' - the overflowing open sewage outfall!! - mmmm where is the dettol?
and me hiding under my Angkor beer umbrella with mud flicked up my legs from my flipflops.
But it is refreshing, dare I say cooler and the wierd thing is your clothes dry instantly as you walk along and the sun soon shines again and the water dries up before your eyes
- a good wash down!!
We did our usual market fruit and veg shop on Saturday morning after an early morning bike ride and then went to a really nice salad bar for lunch!!
Torrential downpour so we got chatting to a well educated, I should think pretty wealthy 35 year old Cambodian gentleman who was telling us a little about his family history - he lost 75% of his family during the Pol Pot era - generations of engineers - I was on the verge of tears.
The money counters....right in the middle of the Wat!! I have to say this was an intersting angle on giving.....
No comments:
Post a Comment