Monday, 30 July 2012

A funny thing happened at the bank,

Everyday something amusing happens to us, today being no exception. I decided to pop into the bank to change £10 notes into dollars. No problem there then. Handed over the notes to the cashier whereupon she scrutinized them very carefully with a confused look. She then took them over to her supervisor who looked equally unimpressed, they both came back to the counter and slid the notes back to me. "No good Sir" she said. "What's wrong, they're sterling pounds" says I. With this she turns the note over and points to the picture of Charles Darwin and the date 1809-1882 "Sir these notes are very old and must be out of circulation"!
This being the main branch of ANZ bank..... we're going to have some interesting times!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny!!!! It's great that you're keeping a blog to capture the day to day life in your new home....and wonderful for us...the blog followers, to have a teasing glimpse of your experience. Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely story! I'm sure there will be many more... xxx

    ReplyDelete